Syllabus - Community Management
If technology has long amplified our participation in social and economic communities, digital technologies today largely condition our ability to interact, to communicate and to influence.
Communities are playing an ever-increasing role in both organizations and markets. How can managers use multi-channel strategies effectively, and more important, how does IT support community management in modern organizations?
Course Hours : 15 or 30 hours - Teaching Language : English or French
In this module, we will use the NationBuilder platform to explore how community management can help us understand, analyze, and influence professional communities. Using case studies examples from a wide range of organizations and trades, we will study the current impact of community management in specific markets and industries. Using a storytelling format, we will discuss the implications for the development of our projects, networks and careers
On successful completion of the course, the participants shall be able to :
- Analyze the opportunities and challenges inherent in online communities;
- Examine the large social and economic impact of the Internet on community management;
- Explain to organizational stakeholders how community management integrates into corporate strategy;
- Identify and assimilate best practices and techniques used to design successful Web-supported communities;
- Assess and interact with select technologies used to create, manage, and maintain online communities; and
- Design/redesign an online community.
Concepts and theories to which students are exposed during the course