This list of quotes from the trade press has been compiled and ranked by our LinkedIn Group on Analytics and Management . You can consult our "Top Ten", vote on our current challengers, or suggest your own to the community!
- “Data scientists are kind of like the new Renaissance folks, because data science is inherently multidisciplinary” - John Foreman
- “Talented data scientists leverage data that everybody sees; visionary data scientists leverage data that nobody sees” - Victor Granville
- “I think of data science as more like a practice than a job" - Bob Hayes
- “The job of the data scientist is to ask the right questions" - Hillary Mason
- "Big data isn’t about bits, it’s about talent” - Douglas Merrill
- “Learning how to do data science is like learning to ski. You have to do it.” - Claudia Perlich
- "What makes a good scientist great is creativity with data, skepticism and good communication skills" - Monica Rogati
- “Analytics is the mindset of how we look at everyday problems, and how we search for practical results“ - Lee Schlenker
“As a data scientist, I can predict what is likely to happen, but I cannot explain why it is going to happen" - Bill Schmarzo
- "As data scientists, our job is to extract signal from noise” - Daniel Tunkelang
- "Big data isn’t about bits, it’s about talent”- Douglas Merrill
- "The world is going to be data, I think this is just the beginning..." - Jack Ma
- “Data is the new science. Big Data holds the answers.” - Patrick P. Gelsinger
Do you have a quote you would recommend? Please input the quote on first line, and author, the url and why you think this quote is worthwhile in the second box.